01 September 2015

A Photography Journal

I'm really hoping to improve in my camera skills, so I've decided to start blogging again and use this as a sort of photography journal. Onto the next adventure!

These photos were taken this evening just before sunset. Since the light was fading fast I bumped my ISO up to 1600, aperture at f/1.8 and I kept my shutter speed right about 1/125 since my little Emma is always on the go! I tried to keep her right near the large sliding glass door with a window on one wall perpendicular. In the past, low light has always intimidated me (with good reason!) but now that I'm not afraid to raise my ISO, I'm finding I can get a lot better photos. They do look a bit more grainy, but I don't mind that much. The other issue I'm trying to remember is that when I shoot such a wide open aperture, it's hard to get both eyes in focus if my subject is on an angle. This top photo, both of Emma's eyes are pretty much in focus because they are on the same plane, but the bottom photo her right eye is crisp and her left eye is soft.


1 comment:

  1. Oh Mari, I love all the photos that you post! So much talent!

    ReplyDelete