02 September 2015

Goals | September 2015

You will never change your life
until you change something you do daily.
John C. Maxwell

I have all these ideas and visions about who I want to be. And for so long they've been hanging around in the back of my mind, taunting me that I'll never change – I'll never grow. I pray for change, I pray for the Lord to change my heart and my motivations but to be honest, I very rarely put forth the effort. I don't even give him a chance to change me!

Lately I've been thinking about this idea that small changes over a period time result in big changes. I want my days and my time to matter. I want the things that I do to have a positive impact over the course of my life – not just on myself, but on Paul and on our family and the people I come in contact with. But when I'm not intentional with my time, I find that it easily just slips away.

And so this month I've decided to do something different. It's not revolutionary, at all. Many have and do do this, but for whatever reason, it never dawned on my to write down goals. There are actual steps I can take to walk towards the person I want to be someday. And it turns out I just don't naturally tend towards these things. So here I am. Month 1. Writing down goals. Asking Jesus to change my heart! Month by month, day by day, to change me.

September 2015
- read one book: How to Win Friends and Influence People
- put my cell phone away while Emma is awake
- stay on track with my read the Bible in a year schedule
- exercise twice a week
- photograph Melissa's baby in the hospital
- in bed by 10:30 on weeknights
- book 2 photography shoots for the fall
- plan Emma's 1st birthday party
- begin facilitating Financial Peace with Paul

Some of these are simple and some will be challenging for me. They represent a lot of different areas of my life that I'm excited to grow in discipline in: spiritual, health, wisdom, motherhood, photography, socially, marriage...

I am excited to see where this takes me and I'm laying all these things in the Lord's hands. I pray he will use them for good and for his glory as they develop in my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment