03 September 2015

Bath Time | Photography Journal

Last night I decided to get my camera out for bath time since Paul was with us and could keep a close eye on Emma while she was in the water. I love to take photos of her in the tub not only because she's so adorable but also because I really like the white surround and there's a nice big window on one side to let in some lovely light.

One thing I'm trying to work on as I get used to using my manual controls is framing a successful layout. It's definitely easier to compose the photo when I'm posing people, but that's pretty much impossible with Emma so I'm learning to catch the shot moment by moment. It's not easy! I think as I go I'll get better at setting up the composition though. I'm also trying to challenge myself to take photos from different angles. I think these are the things that can make everyday images eye catching and special.

And as always, I'm working on my focus! Some of these are spot on and some of the focal points are just a little off. I'm finding that my camera doesn't hold the focus well if I select my focal point and then adjust my finder. It just readjusts the focus. I'm going to have to check that out in my settings and see if it's something that I can adjust.

These were taken close to sunset again so I used 1600 ISO, f/2 aperture and 1/125 exposure. I bumped my aperture from f/1.8 in hopes of keeping both of her eyes in focus no matter what angle she was looking.


No comments:

Post a Comment